As much as I love to make everything from scratch, sometimes its just not possible. Right now life has been a little crazy for me in terms of work. I try to find the middle path and balance things out when it comes to grocery shopping and buying ingredients for our meals. Like I will never buy precut veggies because I am pretty fast at doing it myself at home. But when it comes to bread and salad leaves I will go for pre-made and pre-cut. And I absolutely love buying pre-made pizza dough from Trader Joe’s, I always have a bunch in my freezer ready to go. This helps me get dinner on the table in less than 30 mins. For this recipe, I used juicy heirloom tomatoes that are very much in season right now with burrata cheese and fresh basil.
- 1 pre-made pizza dough, trader joes
- 1 red heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 yellow heirloom tomato, sliced
- 3-4 basil leaves
- 4-5 pepperoni slices
- 1 burrata ball
- chilli flakes to garnish
- olive oil to garnish
- all-purpose flour to sprinkle for rolling dough
- sea salt to sprinkle over
- for tomato sauce
- 2 c canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- To make tomato sauce – remove the crushed canned tomatoes in a bowl and add garlic, salt, pepper and give it a good mix.
- Preheat oven to 450°F, on a floured surface, start spreading the dough into a circle now place this circle on a pizza stone.
- Spread 2-3 tbsp of tomato sauce but leave 1/2 an inch of space around the corners.
- Place tomato slices on the dough and then break the burrata and add in the spaces in between, add pepperonis slices on top.
- sprinkle some chilli flakes and basil leaves
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins
- Pizza is done when the edges of the dough is slightly brown and crispy
- Cut into eight slices and serve hot.