- 10 ea Asparagus blanched
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 egg poached
- 3 tbsp Kale Pesto (recipe linked)
- Sea salt to sprinkle
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot with salt and add asparagus for 2 mins, remove and then shock in an ice bath
- Use same water to poach the egg – swirl the water with a spoon to create a vortex and drop the egg gently in the centre.
- Cook the egg for 4 mins and remove with a slotted spoon and lay on the plate with a paper napkin.
- Core and slice avocado
- Layer asparagus on a plate and lay sliced avocados and egg on it, drizzle a generous amount of pesto and sprinkle some sea salt to finish.
- Enjoy as a side or main breakfast dish.