- 1 med red beet
- 250 g or 30oz (2 can) cooked chickpeas (reserve 1/2 cup the liquid in the can of chickpeas)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt + freshly cracked black pepper
- To cook the beets, add to a pot with water and cook for 30-40 mins, till beets are fork tender
- Once the beet is cooled, peel and add it to your blender or food processor. Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in the olive oil as the hummus is being mixed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your preference.
- I made this veggie sandwich, you can also enjoy it as a dip for crudites or chips.