Really saucy and delicious, these noodles are covered in a spicy and tangy enoki mushroom sauce. These noodles are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner because everything comes together in under 30 minutes. The best part is that you can customize how ever you like it, don’t have zucchini, add carrots or thinly sliced bell peppers for extra veggie goodness. One of my most beloved ingredient in my pantry is this Chinkiang Black vinegar, it’s tangy, fruity and adds this incredible depth to any sauce you add it to. I first came across this when I lived in China town New York and ate at the many wonderful small restaurants there. I was hooked and highly recommend you get a bottle for yourself as soon as possible. This vinegar would make an excellent dipping sauce for these Vegetable Ginger Potstickers with Shiitake Napa Cabbage and Carrots too.
When I am just throwing things to together for a quick lunch, especially during the weekday there are really no rules. I try to use up anything and everything in my refrigerator, which is also how this recipe came about. I almost always have a few different kinds of noodles lying around and fresh ramen noodles are my favorite but any dry ramen noodles would work here.Jump to Recipe
Enoki Mushroom Sauce over Ramen Noodles and Scallions
- 1 tablespoon avocado or vegetable oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 green onion stalks, sends trimmed, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 (8 oz.) pack enoki mushrooms, ends trimmed
- 1/2 zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinkiang Black vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili crisp, plus more for topping
- 1 (8 oz.) pack fresh or dry ramen noodles
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet, add garlic, ginger and saute until fragrant and garlic is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add white parts of scallion and saute until translucent, 30 seconds. Then add enoki and cook until wilted, stirring every now and then, about 1 minute. Add zucchini and cook until translucent, 1 minute. Add salt and stir to combine. Add soy, black vinegar, sriracha, chili crisp and stir to combine and make a sauce mixture. Add 1 tablespoon of water to adjust consistency, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add ramen to boiling water and cook until noodles are tender with a slight bite in the center, about 2 minutes. Strain and add to a plate. Pour mushroom mixture over the noodles and garnish with green scallions and more chili crisp. Adjust soy sauce according to taste and serve immediately.