- 150 g almonds
- 150 g cashews
- 300 g oats
- 100 g flax
- 100 g buckwheat
- 50 g amaranth
- 100 g hazelnuts
- 100 g coconut, shaved
- 150 ml honey
- 50 ml maple syrup
- 100 ml coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 250F. Line a base baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place oats, hazelnuts, almonds, buckwheat, cashews, flax seeds, chia seeds, amaranth & coconut in a large bowl.
- Add coconut oil, salt, honey & maple syrup, small heavy-bottomed saucepan. Heat on low until everything is melted. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Add oil mixture to the dry oat mix. Mix well.
- Spread granola mix on prepared tray evenly. Press down with a wooden spoon. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 35 minutes until fragrant and starting to turn golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- When completely cool, granola can be broken up into rough clumps and bottled in glass jars with sealed lids.
- Granola will keep good in a cool corner in a glass jar with airtight lid for up to 2 weeks.
- To serve, scoop a generous dollop of yoghurt onto a plate. Top with a cup of granola. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup and enjoy.
Leave a Reply