This blog post is sponsored by Bernzomatic. When summer rolls around, all I want for lunch is an easy and fast recipe that requires minimum time in the kitchen and maximum time in enjoying cocktails on my patio. Which is why I like to use my handy Bernzomatic torch to char corn on the cob in a matter of minutes. Then toss it with cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, red onions, cilantro and a lime dressing to make this charred corn salad. It’s crunchy, fresh and satisfying!
Follow these simple steps to make this ultimate summer charred corn salad.
Char corn using the Bernzomatic ST2200 torch until all kernels are blistered.
Remove corn kernels from the cob using a sharp knife.
Chop vegetables and set aside.
Whisk dressing to combine.
Crumble feta cheese.
Then add everything to a large mixing bowl.
Toss salad to combine.
Then transfer salad to a platter, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
This simple salad is packed with flavor from the charred corn, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes and tangy lime dressing. Make it for your next summer party and your guests will love this satisfying recipe! Find other delicious recipes here.
Charred Corn Salad in Cumin Lime Dressing
- 3 corn on the cob husked
- 1 pint colorful cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped, plus more to top
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Add lime, maple, red pepper flakes, salt and olive oil to a medium and whisk until emulsified into a dressing, about 1 minute.
- Char corn using Bernzomatic ST2200 torch, then remove kernels from the cob. Add corn tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, onion, feta and cilantro to a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Transfer to serving platter and garnish with cilantro sprigs, serve immediately.