This cucumber salad with feta and onions in a cumin lime dressing might just be the easiest thing you make this summer. No seriously, it take less that fifteen minutes from start to finish. It light and tangy, with just the right amount of crunch.
Feta cheese adds a nice salty creaminess, is it just me or feta has an underlying citrusy vibe that add so much zing to a dish? When you toss the salad, it breaks down adding a velvety finish to the dressing. This salad is light enough to serve as a side or heartier with a double serving to enjoy as a full meal for lunch or dinner.
I plan to take this cucumber salad with feta to future summer parties because everything can be made ahead and thrown together right before serving. Cut the cucumber half moons a little thicker so they hold up longer and stay crispy after couple of hours. Feel like adding adding something crunch? Throw in walnuts, almonds or fried onions and roasted and sliced chicken or tofu if that’s your vibe.
After a year of being inside I know I plan to spend my summer outside as much as possible and simple delicious recipes are always something I have in rotation. This peanut chaat is another flavorful option that is punchy and a dish that will wake up your palate.
Cucumber Salad with Feta and Onions
- 1 English cucumber sliced into halve moons
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon regular salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds coarsely crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Add cucumbers, onions, feta, cilantro, lime, maple, salt, cumin and cayenne to a large bowl.
- Then toss with tongs, until well combined and dressing has coated all the cucumbers, about 2 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and serve immediately.