I can’t even begin to describe how wonderful it feels to wake up and have these delicious Blueberry Overnight Oats waiting for me in the fridge. Oh yes! I used to definitely be one of those people, who will skip breakfast because of too much work in the morning. But I am making efforts to be kind to my body and invest few minutes every couple of days to make ready to go breakfasts that are healthy and delicious. I have used yoghurt and blueberries but you can add whatever fruit available in-season strawberries, peaches, raspberries I would avoid citrus fruits because they might get bitter. I will test some recipes with citrus and update the blog in future.
Blueberries are known to aid heart health. The fibre, potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and phytonutrient content in blueberries support. Fibre content helps to reduce the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease. Blueberries also contain anthocyanins, which are flavonoid pigments that act as antioxidants. All these things help with good eyesight too. Whats not to love with so many good benefits!
BLUEBERRY OVERNIGHT OATS
- 1 c (150g) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 c (250g) yoghurt unsweetened
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 c (100g) rolled oats
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- Add the blueberries, yoghurt, maple syrup and vanilla in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add oats and chia seeds in a medium mixing bowl. Add the blueberry smoothie mixture to the oats and mix well.
- Pour the prepared blueberry oat mixture into mason glass jars with sealed lids and place overnight in the refrigerator.
- Oats will keep in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.