These Spicy Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges with Yogurt Sauce are the perfect way to use up spuds that are hanging around in your kitchen. This recipe is super easy and comes together in less than an hour including prep and clean up! Which is why these are the ideal holiday side dish to feed your family and friends. You could even whip them up for an appetizer for hungry guests wandering in the kitchen.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Uses Mostly Pantry Staple – these potato wedges are made using ingredients you usually already have in your pantry.
Ready Under An Hour – this recipe comes together super quick!
Versatile – you can substitute the spices for whatever you have on hand. Sometimes I throw in dried, rosemary, thyme and parsley. Use any starchy potatoes like Yukon golds, if you don’t have Russets.
Can be made Vegan – skip the cheese or substitute with nutritional yeast to make it vegan and use a plant based coconut or oat yogurt for the sauce.
Tips To Get Perfectly Crispy Potatoes
- Buy good quality potatoes! I know seems basic, but make sure the skin is smooth, even and there are no sprouts growing.
- Use a kitchen towel to dry the potatoes thoroughly after washing.
- Cut the potato wedges to even thickness so cook time remains equal for the entire batch.
- Line the potato wedges evenly across the pan, with enough distance to separate each wedge from the other. This way they don’t steam and have enough dry air circulating around.
- Flip at the 30 minute mark, so each side gets golden brown. This step may seem annoying but it is essential if you want those crispy edges.
- Don’t remove them out of the oven too quick. Tempting I know, but every time you open the oven door, the temperature drops by a few degrees.
Spicy Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges with Yogurt Sauce
- 2 pounds Russet Potatoes washed and cut into wedges
- 5 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt ½ tablespoon if you using regular salt
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Yogurt sauce to serve, recipe below
For Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 lime or lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon date syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small bowl add oil, minced garlic, parmesan, garlic powder, cayenne, smoked paprika, salt, and mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, add potato wedges, spice marinade and mix until all the wedges are well coated.
- Divide potatoes into the prepared baking sheet pans and bake in the preheated oven. At the 30 minute mark, flip potatoes and bake again for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Transfer to the serving platter, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with yogurt dipping sauce.
For Yogurt Sauce
- In a separate medium bowl, add yogurt, lime juice, sriracha, mayonnaise, date syrup, salt and whisk to combine.