Crispy with a luscious sauce and crunchy vegetables, these Soy Garlic Nuggets with red and green bell peppers is just the thing you want to whip up for dinner. The best part is that this dish is entirely plant based and made with the most delicious Alpha Foods Chik’n Nuggets baked to golden perfection.
A cornstarch slurry makes the base for a velvety sauce which coats the vegetables and nuggets ensuring you get maximum flavor with every bite! The best way to enjoy this recipe is over a bowl of steaming rice or as an appetizer on its own. Either way this is a lip smacking dish that will be a hit with your family.
Soy Garlic Nugget bites with Red and Green Bell Peppers
- 1 pack Alpha Foods Chik'n Nuggets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions white and green parts sliced and separated
- 1 medium white onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- Kosher salt as needed
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spread all the frozen nuggets on a non-stick baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 13-15 minutes until lightly browned and crispy, turning over halfway through. Set aside.
- Add cornflour to a small bowl with water and mix well to make a slurry.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, white parts of scallion and saute for 2 minutes. Add onions, bell peppers and saute for 2 minutes. Then add soy and mix until well combined.
- Add cornstarch and water mixture, mix well. Cook until sauce thickens slightly, then add baked Alpha chick’n nuggets. Mix well until all ingredients are coated in the soy garlic sauce. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water to adjust consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with remaining green scallions and serve immediately.