Whats more relaxing than a tall cool glass of thirst-quenching drink? Nothing! So I am sharing this utterly easy drink that I am have been sipping on all summer long. Apart from that, I am so happy with how the pictures for this recipe came out. I am trying to work on my food photography a bit these days.
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 grapefruit, sliced for garnish
- 2 rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- splash of seltzer
- 2 limes, juiced
For the Pepper Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp whole peppercorns, use 1 tbsp if you want the syrup less peppery
- To make syrup – heat water in a pot and add sugar and peppercorns to it, boil till reduced by half. Cool down and set aside
- To make drink – add ice, 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, 1 tbsp pepper syrup and 1 tbsp lime juice to a shaker and shake vigorously for 2 mins. (add alcohol at this point if you want to make it into a cocktail).
- Add to a glass with ice, top off with seltzer and garnish with grapefruit slice and rosemary sprig.