This Blood Orange Cocktail with Vodka is refreshing and super holiday friendly. I know most of you are staying in to bring in the new year, but that doesn’t mean you cannot enjoy some delicious cocktails to celebrate making it though 2020! You can and absolutely should.
I know cocktail can sometimes seems intimidating to make. So many concoctions and syrups to mix etc etc. They don’t have to be, at least thats what I learnt from my husbands who happens to be a bartender. As long as your drink is well balanced with a citrus, a sweetener and the right spirit cocktails will become something you enjoy creating with minimal stress.
This blood orange cocktail with vodka in particular is very simple. Apart from squeezing some citrus there really isn’t any intense leg work involved! So prep a little in advance and then enjoy the fruits of you labor with all evening long. Here are more recipes that you can enjoy!
Blood Orange Vodka Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces blood orange juice, strained about 2 blood oranges
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- ¾ ounce lemon juice strained
- ¾ ounce St Germain elderflower syrup
- Sparkling water to top
- Sliced blood orange to garnish
- Mint sprigs to garnish
- To a cocktail glass filled with ice, add blood orange juice, lemon juice, elderflower syrup and stir using a cocktail spoon to mix well. Then top with seltzer.
- Garnish with sliced blood orange and mint. Serve immediately!